Survival of The Fittest

Saturday, August 21, 2004

Yellow Pages


Yellow Pages
Originally uploaded by mryosemite.

Associated Press
August 16, 2004

Roseburg, Oregon. - A man reclaimed his title as world champion phone book ripper by tearing through 39 Portland white page directories in three minutes.

About 100 people watched as Ed Charon, 69, ripped the 1,004-page books in half during the exhibition at the Roseburg Valley Mall.

Let's see if we can put this in perspective...

When I get a credit card application in the mail, I'm lucky if I can rip it in half more than once. After that, it gets put through the shredder. On the flip side, whenever this guy finds a phone book on his doorstep, he rips it in half and tosses it in the recycle bin.

That does it; I can no longer consider myself a man. Going forward, please refer to me as weenie boy, captain limp wrist, or girlie man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
asbestos exposure
asbestos exposure