Survival of The Fittest

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Me Love You 5 Times


Our backup server has a log of all backup jobs. It records all failures, all completions, all errors, everything and anything that happens with our server backups.

The job notifications are automatically emailed to a dummy email account that we all have access to. The same information is now stored in 2 places.

Part of my daily routine involves taking this information, either from the server itself, or from the automated email messages, and recording it in a log – place number 3.

I also list everything I do in a daily report. I note any backup jobs that have failed, any errors that I researched, etc. We now have the same information in 4 places.

In case that’s not enough, we had a meeting today to discuss the idea of having the Helpdesk take the same emails that I use and log them into our Ticket Tracking System – place number 5.

I’m not sure what the reasoning is behind all of this madness, but I’m taking bets on where they want the information next. I’ve got 10 to 1 odds on them asking me to tattoo the information on the ass of an albino midget by the end of the month.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are your mother's son. My favorite complaint "I hate doing the same stupid thing twice". When I was in management it was "You're not doing the same stupid thing twice".

4:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
asbestos exposure
asbestos exposure