Survival of The Fittest

Saturday, August 21, 2004

Catholic Car Romp


Catholic Car Romp
Originally uploaded by mryosemite.

Reuters
July 29th, 2004

A court has convicted a Catholic priest and a nun of disorderly conduct after they were caught engaged in a sexual act in a parked car with tinted windows. Officials in the Roman Catholic Church, whose priests are barred from sex or marriage, declined to comment.

Hmm...this is such an easy target, I'm not even sure it's worth my time. However, a few things do come to mind, so here goes...

First of all, I'm guessing that the Catholic Church declined to comment because they where caught off guard. I mean, I Catholic Priest sleeping with a woman? What happened to the strategy of bring little boys "into the fold"? Quite frankly, this incident is a step up for the Catholic Church. I wouldn't be surprised if they started using these two sinners to promote Priest & Nun relationships. ANYTHING is better than the buffet of little boys they've been snacking on.

Second, how in the world can I pass up an opportunity to drop in my favorite Michael Jackson joke? I apologize to those of you that have already heard it, but this is a window of opportunity that I must jump on - sort of like Kobe on a white chick. So, did you hear that the Pope called Michael Jackson? He told Michael that if he touched one more child, the Pope would have to ordain him. Oh, that's low. That's a double slam! I nailed Michael AND the Catholic Church on that one. 2 points for Jason!

Ok, this brings me to my third thought- another joke. When you couple this religious tidbit with the fact that it's Friday, the timing for my next (cheesy) joke couldn't be better. So...do you know what kind of meat the Pope eats on Good Friday? Nun. Get it! Nun! The Catholics don't eat meat on Good Friday! Nun- the other, other white meat. I have to give props to my dad for that one; I think he told me this joke when I was about 15 years old. It's amazing, I don't remember anything constructive he ever told me, but I remember his jokes. I take it back; he did give me some advice that meant quite a lot to me. To this very day, because of my dad, I never date girls named Larry.

I guess I'll end by saying that I'm somewhat surprised that this story made news in the first place. Seriously, a scandal involving the Catholic Church, it's like a car alarm that goes off every day, pretty soon, you don't pay attention anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
asbestos exposure
asbestos exposure